|Published:||Dec 03, 2010 2:01 PM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2010 11:01 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla- The annual Festival of the Trees is hoping for a big weekend. One of Southwest Florida's premiere holiday events is free tonight and ends Saturday with the Tux and Trees Gala.
Goodwill is operating the festival for the third year. 25 Christmas trees, decorated in a variety of styles by different groups are on display at the Sidney and Berne Arts Center. They shited it some to be a part of the monthly art walk in downtown Fort Myers. Last year some 4,000 people visited the holiday display and they're hoping for more this year. The Goodwill has raised $150,000 from the event so far.
After tonight's free viewing there is a breakfast with Santa tomorrow. Tickets cost $12. Tickets for Saturday nights gala are $100.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Cape Police investigate suspicious package overnight