|Published:||Dec 02, 2010 12:11 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 01, 2010 8:50 PM EST|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A dog, initially believed to be dead, is recovering after firefighters rescue him from a condo fire that sent one woman to the hospital.
Brahman, a 13 year old Keeshond, is recovering at the Florida Veterinary Referral Center in Estero from smoke inhaliation and severe heat exposure.
The dog was found by firefighters without a pulse, but came to after fighters administered oxygen using a special oxygen mask.
A woman that was inside the house is listed in critical condition at Tampa General Hospital, suffering severe smoke inhaliation.
Investigators say someone intentionally set a couch inside the Sail Harbour condo Tuesday afternoon.
The State Fire Marshal's office is handling the investigation.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples