|Published:||Dec 01, 2010 3:46 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 01, 2010 12:46 AM EST|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla - A life saving program in Charlotte County is getting an upgrade.
The County's Red Dot program is now on-line. Fire responders will now be able to view a medical history in real-time instead of having to wait to arrive at a scene.
It will also give 911 dispatcher an opportunity to give advance warning of a situation deputies or paramedics or about to encounter. Some 6,000 people are registered in the program.
Its also free of charge to residents.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean