|Published:||Dec 01, 2010 6:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Dec 03, 2010 2:46 AM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A traffic stop in North Fort Myers Tuesday turned into a major drug bust. WINK News got a tour inside the BMW where deputies found more than four pounds of marijuana. It was hidden inside the dashboard. The airbag was removed to clear space to hide the drugs. Alejandro Benitez-Vazquez (DOB 10/08/88) and Jorge L. Ramirez (DOB 04/25/91) were arrested and charged with Possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
Benitez-Vazquez was also charged with: Keeping a vehicle to maintain a controlled substance. Ramirez was also charged with an outstanding warrant for failing to appear on a traffic charge.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41