|Published:||Nov 30, 2010 1:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2010 10:23 AM EST|
Ft. Myers, FL --Taking flight this holiday season? You might want to check out a new survey before you book that ticket. Zagat asked thousands of frequent fliers their opinions, and the results produced the latest list of best domestic and international airlines, and the best and worst airports across the U.S.
Southwest scored top marks for best luggage policy, best check-in experience, best consumer on-time estimates, and most eco-friendly. Continental Airlines scored the top spot for premium seating, while Jetblue Airways performed best on economy seating. As for international airlines, Singapore Airlines topped the survey for premium seating and economy seating.
America's favorite airport seems to be Portland International, which scored 22 out of 30 in overall quality. But Florida didn't do too bad: Tampa and Orlando's airports came in second and fourth in quality. New York's Laguardia came in last, scoring a mere 6 out of 30. This is the fourth year Laguardia has ranked last.
All in all, travelers are displeased with the state of the air travel industry. 45 percent said they try to avoid flying airlines that charge extra for large bags, while 42 percent of participants are frequent fliers on airlines that waive the fee.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students