|Published:||Nov 30, 2010 1:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2010 10:43 PM EST|
Only one day into the trial, and the jury has already heard testimony from several key witnesses.
Scott Huss is accused of stabbing his wife to death in their home in April 2007, all while their 8 year-old son watched. Today prosecutors for the first time say she was stabbed almost a dozen times, including her genetalia and breasts.
But Huss' defense team told the jury his wife Yana was caught up in the Russian Mafia. Huss' lawyers believe the evidence will show Huss had nothing to do with the murder.
Huss' mother and brother testified today about what happened in the hours before Yana's body was discovered.
Huss allegedly dropped his 8 year-old off at his grandmother's home in Longwood, Florida before prosecutors say he tried fleeing to Texas, before he was caught in Tallahassee.
The eight year old will not be in person to testify at the trial, but the jury will get to hear his story. They took his deposition via video, which jurors will get to see this week.
The couple met on a Russian dating website.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs