|Published:||Nov 30, 2010 1:43 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 29, 2010 10:43 PM EST|
Only one day into the trial, and the jury has already heard testimony from several key witnesses.
Scott Huss is accused of stabbing his wife to death in their home in April 2007, all while their 8 year-old son watched. Today prosecutors for the first time say she was stabbed almost a dozen times, including her genetalia and breasts.
But Huss' defense team told the jury his wife Yana was caught up in the Russian Mafia. Huss' lawyers believe the evidence will show Huss had nothing to do with the murder.
Huss' mother and brother testified today about what happened in the hours before Yana's body was discovered.
Huss allegedly dropped his 8 year-old off at his grandmother's home in Longwood, Florida before prosecutors say he tried fleeing to Texas, before he was caught in Tallahassee.
The eight year old will not be in person to testify at the trial, but the jury will get to hear his story. They took his deposition via video, which jurors will get to see this week.
The couple met on a Russian dating website.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County