|Published:||Nov 30, 2010 7:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 30, 2010 2:25 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-- Thanksgiving travel may be over, but the holiday travel hustle has only just begun.
Before you choose an airline for your Christmas flight to grandma's house, you may want to do your homework.
The 2010 Zagat Airline Survey is out, and for the third year in a row, Continental is the Top Overall winner among large domestic airlines for its premium service.
If you're looking for a top-notch economy class, JetBlue easily outscored its main competitors in that category.
Virgin America is the top midsized carrier for both premium and economy, while Singapore Airlines is the No. 1 international airline for both classes as well.
With all the delays and crowded flights, entertainment always proves important to our surveyors - JetBlue won the Best In-Flight Entertainment category for a domestic carrier, while Virgin Atlantic took the top slot for an international airline.
As far as airports go, surveyors rated Portland International as their favorite based on overall quality. At the bottom? New York's LaGuardia - which has come in last place since 2007.
Southwest Florida International Airport wasn't included in the survey, but two other Florida airports cracked the top ten for overall quality.
Tampa International and Orlando International Airports came in 2nd and 7th, respectively.
Miami International ranked 29th out of 30.
The survey is based on more than 8,000 fliers, who collectively took 139,000 flights in the past year.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting