|Published:||Nov 28, 2010 9:15 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2010 6:15 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Fort Myers police are looking for witnesses to a deadly Sunday morning crash.
Officers responded to the single-car crash near the intersection of Veronica Shoemaker Blvd and Humberside Lane just before 4am. Investigators say a Chevy Malibu went up over a median curb then rolled over several times.
Police say Andre Thomas, 18, of Lehigh Acres, was thrown from the car and died from his injuries. Leroy Bass, 31, of Fort Myers, remained in the vehicle and was hospitalized at Lee Memorial.
Police believe speed and alcohol may have played a role in the crash. Any witnesses who can help in the investigation are asked to call FMPD at 321-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples