|Published:||Nov 28, 2010 9:31 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 28, 2010 6:31 PM EST|
CANTON, Ohio (AP) - Fort Myers native Deion Sanders is among the semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2011.
Three of the top 10 rushers in NFL history are also among the 26 semifinalists. Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis and Marshall Faulk are joined on the list by fellow running backs Terrell Davis and Roger Craig.
Like Martin, Bettis and Faulk, Sanders is in his first year of eligibility.
Martin retired from the New York Jets as the No. 4 overall rusher with 14,101 yards in 11 seasons.
Bettis ranks fifth at 13,662 yards in 13 seasons with the Rams and Steelers. He won the 2006 Super Bowl with Pittsburgh in his final game.
Faulk is 10th in rushing with 12,279 yards for the Colts and Rams and won the 2000 Super Bowl with St. Louis. He was the 2000 NFL MVP.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo