|Published:||Nov 27, 2010 9:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2010 6:35 PM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are searching for a burglar they say broke into a Jacksonville home, baked brownies, surfed the Internet and took a nap before fleeing with the homeowner's gun.
Jacksonville sheriff's deputies say a neighbor decided to check on the house Thursday morning while the homeowner was out of town. According to a police report, he walked inside the house and a young man pointed a gun at his face and ran out the backdoor.
Authorities say the man broke into the house by getting inside an unlocked car parked in the driveway and activating the garage door opener.
While there he baked brownies, surfed several Internet pornography sites, drank some orange juice and slept in one of the beds.
Authorities said he also stole a gun.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop