|Published:||Nov 27, 2010 9:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 27, 2010 6:35 PM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are searching for a burglar they say broke into a Jacksonville home, baked brownies, surfed the Internet and took a nap before fleeing with the homeowner's gun.
Jacksonville sheriff's deputies say a neighbor decided to check on the house Thursday morning while the homeowner was out of town. According to a police report, he walked inside the house and a young man pointed a gun at his face and ran out the backdoor.
Authorities say the man broke into the house by getting inside an unlocked car parked in the driveway and activating the garage door opener.
While there he baked brownies, surfed several Internet pornography sites, drank some orange juice and slept in one of the beds.
Authorities said he also stole a gun.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- FMB holds election for Town Council members