|Published:||Nov 26, 2010 1:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 26, 2010 10:53 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-Black Friday is the one day that we recommend charging it! Consider opening a store credit card for your Black Friday purchases.
You'll get an even deeper discount on all those deals.
Stores offer a percentage off for opening a credit card account with them but you will need to pay it off right away so you don't incur any interest fees.
The Old Navy card, for example offers ten percent off on your first purchase and then you'll get exclusive card holder savings and deals after that, plus earn points for old navy bucks in the future.
With a Target Red Card, you get five percent off every time you shop!
The Ann Taylor card gives you 15 percent off your first purchase. Plus, you'll earn points and get a twenty dollar reward card when you reach 2 thousand points.
The mother of all store credit cards is Macy's. They continually offer special deals throughout the year for card holders. After you apply you'll get a two day shopping pass worth 15 percent off each time you shop.
You may also want to use a credit card and pay off the items in cash because a credit card will protect you against fraud and some are offering five percent cash back on holiday purchases.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday