|Published:||Nov 24, 2010 1:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 24, 2010 10:40 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-It's one of the busiest travel weeks of the year. According to AAA about 42.4 million people are flying or driving over the holiday weekend.
As always before you head to the airport always check with your with your airline to make sure there are no delays--- but you can also check out another website. The website from the FAA lets you see delays around the nation and lets you look up your specific airport.
The web site is fly.faa.gov. As you know more travelers are carrying their luggage onto planes these days to avoid costly baggage fees. That makes knowing the rules for bringing aboard liquids, gels and aerosols on board more important than ever.
So just remember 3-1-1 rule. Three stands for three-ounce containers-- technically liquid containers of three-point-four ounces or less are acceptable...
One stands for the one-quart size clear resealable zip-top bag.
And the last "one" means only one bag per passenger. However, there are exceptions to the rules. For example, regular-sized liquid prescriptions and over-the-counter medications like cough syrup are allowed, as well as petroleum jelly and saline solution. But you have to declare these items and those items will be subject to additional testing.
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Rollover shuts down part of SB I-75 at Colonial
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court