|Published:||Nov 24, 2010 2:30 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 23, 2010 9:44 PM EST|
Deputies were questioning men on Shetland Lane in Fort Myers about golf cart burglaries in the area when deputies say they took off running into the woods.
Choppers, K9s, and squad cars scoured the area for hours looking for them. Deputies have still not identified them.
But their father tells WINK his sons stole the golf carts to support their addiction to pain pills. He says it's an epidemic, and his sons are victims of the problem.
He says he's embarassed about what happened and believes his sons are good at heart.
Deputies tell WINK they found the two men they were looking for, but declined to tell WINK why the men were released. Now authorities are only looking for one person of interest in the golf cart robberies.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash