|Published:||Nov 24, 2010 3:15 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 24, 2010 12:15 AM EST|
FT. MYERS, FL - Residents of the Riverside Landings apartments say a neighbor of the complex is known for starting bonfires. So on Tuesday when there was another fire in Bill Bailey's yard, the first thing the apartment dwellers thought was, "here we go again." Only this time the fire got out of control and spread to nearby apartments. 3 families are displaced after nearly two dozen firefighters battled the afternoon blaze at the complex. But Bailey says it was a short in a wire that caused the fire and not a bonfire. Fire investigate continue the search for a cause.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders