|Published:||Nov 20, 2010 5:35 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2010 7:54 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Friday, the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a pedestrian related traffic crash. It happened in the area of 28 Roanoke Drive.
Once on scene ,police learned the driver of a Ford pickup was traveling southbound on Roanoke Drive when a child ran out in front of his truck. Lee Jarvis Johnson (d.o.b. 6-4-05 of Lehigh) was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he died.
Dozens gathered with his family Friday night. His uncle said he was a strong little boy. His aunt said he was smart and talented. He was a twin, a student at Orange River Elementary, and enjoyed dancing, boxing and football.
The driver of the truck is not facing charges at this time.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search