|Published:||Nov 20, 2010 5:35 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2010 7:54 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Friday, the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a pedestrian related traffic crash. It happened in the area of 28 Roanoke Drive.
Once on scene ,police learned the driver of a Ford pickup was traveling southbound on Roanoke Drive when a child ran out in front of his truck. Lee Jarvis Johnson (d.o.b. 6-4-05 of Lehigh) was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he died.
Dozens gathered with his family Friday night. His uncle said he was a strong little boy. His aunt said he was smart and talented. He was a twin, a student at Orange River Elementary, and enjoyed dancing, boxing and football.
The driver of the truck is not facing charges at this time.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years