|Published:||Nov 20, 2010 2:08 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2010 11:09 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, FL - Travel for the Thanksgiving holiday begins this weekend according to officials at SW Florida International Airport. With that, travellers can expect heightened security at the airport here and their final destination. Many are complaining that the T.S.A.'s body scan machines, which allows agents to see through clothing and the physical "pat down" method of screening are too intrusive.
But travel experts we talked to say with terror threats on the rise, security measures have to increase as well to keep the flying public safe.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital