|Published:||Nov 19, 2010 6:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 19, 2010 11:47 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-- Bells will start ringing Friday at over 60 locations in Lee County as the 2010 Red Kettle Campaign officially gets underway.
The campaign is part of the Salvation Army's annual Christmas fundraiser to provide toys and food to those in need.
Last year, the Salvation Army of Lee, Hendry and Glades counties served nearly 5,000 families and provided toys to over 41-thousand children.
They're expecting an increase this year, and based on the turn-out of recent "Christmas Cheer Program" registration events, people need help now more than ever.
The final Christmas Cheer sign-up is planned for Monday, November 22nd from 9am to noon.
For a list of where the kettles will be set up: http://www.salvationarmyleecounty.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132:table-locations&catid=3
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales