|Published:||Nov 18, 2010 7:29 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2010 4:29 PM EST|
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) - A Lynn University student has been arrested after allegedly posting threats on Facebook indicating he was going to recreate a "Columbine High School incident."
The South Florida university contacted Boca Raton police on Sunday, stating that a student was missing after posting threats on the social networking website.
The student, 20-year-old Daniel Shana, was found on campus before officers arrived. He later told investigators he did not intend to hurt anyone and was just tired of being picked on.
Shana was taken to a mental health facility for evaluation.
Police say Shana also posted threats on Facebook against his ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend.
A message left at a phone listing for Shana's family in Rhode Island was not immediately returned.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer