|Published:||Nov 18, 2010 12:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 17, 2010 8:13 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Neale Montgomery arrived at her Penzance Blvd. home to find her home had been burglarized.
One of her dogs was lying dead in a pool of blood in front of her upstairs bedroom and the other was locked in the bathroom.
Squirt, a black Labrador Retriever, was brought to Lee County Domestic Animal Services by the Lee County Sheriff’s Crime Scene Unit the following day.
LCDAS Veterinarian, Suzanne Vazzana, determined the cause of death to be a fatal gunshot wound to the head at close range.
Anyone with information regarding this crime should contact Lee County Domestic Animal Services at 533-7387 or the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 477-1000. To remain anonymous or to be eligible for a reward contact Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 780-TIPS.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students