|Published:||Nov 18, 2010 6:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 18, 2010 3:23 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - TECO Peoples Gas crews and additional personnel continued making good progress, working late into the night to restore gas service to nearly all commercial customers and nearly 90 percent of residential customers in the Ft. Myers and Naples area.
The company is in the final stage of turning on gas for customers who lost service when a contractor damaged an eight-inch natural gas main, causing a major break in service to the Ft. Myers and Naples area November 11. The break resulted in a loss of natural gas service to about 6,000 residential and 1,200 commercial customers in Lee and Collier counties.
Personnel began working early in the morning, as they have for the past six days, and they are focused on getting gas back to residential customers and the few remaining commercial customers who are without service. The company has visited every neighborhood in the affected area and will continue to work throughout each neighborhood today, November 18, to restore gas service.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses