|Published:||Nov 17, 2010 8:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 17, 2010 5:13 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla - Terrell Beckwith has been located and arrested by the U.S. Marshals Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force.
Earlier today, Task Force Officers began searching a wooded area off of Burnt Store Road just north of Janis Road. Beckwith was observed making a hide out of tree branches to conceal him and his vehicle. Task Force Officers approached Beckwith and took him into custody without incident.
Beckwith had an active arrest warrant for Sexual Battery with a Deadly Weapon or Great Force, Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and False Imprisonment. These charges stem from a Cape Coral Police Department investigation of an incident that occurred early Monday morning.
On Tuesday, members of the Task Force began looking for Beckwith along with detectives with the Cape Coral Police Department. The Task Force consists of members from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Warrants Unit, United States Marshals Office and Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break