|Published:||Nov 17, 2010 1:09 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 9:56 PM EST|
Investigators say chiropractor Kimberly Alters asked one of her patients to kill her husband Bernard in exchange for his Harley Davidson motorcycle.
According to court records, when deputies told her husband what happened, he said "Nothing would make me thing she would go out and have me murdered."
Alter's lawyer Wilbur Smith says his client wasn't in her right mind when detectives say she handed a confidential informant $125 for a gun and a picture of her husband so he would know who to murder.
Deputies brought her husband in for questioning after her arrest. He tells detectives he wants his wife to stay in jail and wants her convicted. When police told him about the confidential informant, he says "I'd like to buy him dinner."
Alter's lawyer says it's a difficult time for the family as her case moves forward. She's due back in court in December.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating