|Published:||Nov 16, 2010 4:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 1:43 PM EST|
DESTIN, Fla. (AP) - Vietnam veterans who took part 40 years ago in a failed raid on a North Vietnamese prisoner of war camp are gathering in the Panhandle.
Veterans of the Son Tay raid will reunite in Destin Thursday through Sunday.
They tried to rescue more than 50 U.S. prisoners of war believed held at the camp in 1970 but they arrived after the prisoners had been moved.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017