|Published:||Nov 16, 2010 5:28 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 2:28 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's Traffic Safety Team deputies issued 112 traffic citations Friday through Sunday, Nov. 12-14, to drivers speeding through the Burnt Store Road construction south of Punta Gorda.
The CCSO sent out a press release about the problem, urging motorists to slow down. Sgt. Thomas Scott of the Traffic Safety Team said, “Most of the speeding citations were for 20mph over the speed limit.” There were a total of 112 citations and 12 warnings issued in the three-day blitz. Sgt. Scott said, “We will continue to be out in that area and urge drivers to please obey the speed limit signs in this construction area.” Traffic fines are double when workers are present.
Deputies also are continuing to monitor and issuing citations of speeders on Glendale Ave., Harriet St. and Burkhart Dr. in Port Charlotte, who are detouring from the Midway and Harbor boulevard intersection area, also due to construction.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico