|Published:||Nov 16, 2010 4:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 1:21 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A former ambassador to the Vatican is in charge of planning Governor-elect Rick Scott's inaugural festivities.
Francis Rooney, a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican during the administration of George W. Bush, was named Monday to co-chair Scott's inauguration planning with his wife Kathleen.
Scott is due to take office Jan. 4.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer