|Published:||Nov 16, 2010 4:21 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 1:21 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - A former ambassador to the Vatican is in charge of planning Governor-elect Rick Scott's inaugural festivities.
Francis Rooney, a U.S. ambassador to the Vatican during the administration of George W. Bush, was named Monday to co-chair Scott's inauguration planning with his wife Kathleen.
Scott is due to take office Jan. 4.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim