|Published:||Nov 16, 2010 4:50 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 16, 2010 1:50 PM EST|
ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 70-year-old central Florida man has died after being dragged by his neighbor's car across his driveway.
Police said Timothy Postlethwait was talking to a neighbor Sunday as she sat in her car when she suddenly backed up and knocked him to the ground. Driver Ann Owen's door was open and police say Postlethwait was somehow caught in the car door and dragged across the driveway.
Seventy-one year-old Owen also fell out of the vehicle. Her car stopped after hitting a tree in a neighbor's yard.
Owen was taken to the hospital. Her condition is not known.
Police said a traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme