|Published:||Nov 15, 2010 7:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 15, 2010 4:56 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office received a call at 10:56 a.m. this morning concerning a body floating face down in a canal behind a roofing business at 1492 Market Circle in the Market Circle Industrial Park in Murdock.
When deputies and detectives arrived they found the body of a white male believed to be in his 30’s in the canal between the industrial park and Collinswood Ave. The body was taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy to determined cause of death. Major Crimes Unit detectives say the man may have been living in a homeless camp located from the air by the CCSO Aviation helicopter. The camp is not far from where the body was found. No other details are available at this time as the investigation continues.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone