|Published:||Nov 14, 2010 9:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2010 6:38 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - TECO and Peoples Gas crews have now restored natural gas service to more than 1,000 customers in Southwest Florida.
6,000 homes and 1,200 businesses in Lee and Collier counties lost gas service after a construction vehicle damaged a natural gas line on Thursday.
On Sunday, their teams are focused in the Ft. Myers area from Gladiolus Blvd. south to Williams Rd. on both sides of Interstate 75, and in the Naples area of Collier County south of Vanderbilt Beach Rd. to Rattlesnake Hammock Rd.
TECO officials tell WINK News their current priority is to restore commercial customers as quickly as possible.
Peoples Gas is encouraging customers to have someone available at their home or business to allow crews to enter and take the necessary steps to begin the restoration process. If customers are not present, a door hanger will be left behind asking them to call.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Landlord accused in lead paint case
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs