|Published:||Nov 14, 2010 9:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2010 6:57 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The Collier County Sheriff's Office will target unsafe commercial vehicles traveling on State Road 29 and U.S. 41 East between Naples and Miami on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to noon.
Deputies will be stopping commercial vehicles to inspect registration paperwork, tires, brakes, and other safety equipment to help maintain safe driving conditions on these frequently traveled roadways.
Since 2004, deputies have conducted more than 2,000 safety inspections of commercial vehicles in Collier County.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge