|Published:||Nov 14, 2010 9:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 14, 2010 6:57 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - The Collier County Sheriff's Office will target unsafe commercial vehicles traveling on State Road 29 and U.S. 41 East between Naples and Miami on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to noon.
Deputies will be stopping commercial vehicles to inspect registration paperwork, tires, brakes, and other safety equipment to help maintain safe driving conditions on these frequently traveled roadways.
Since 2004, deputies have conducted more than 2,000 safety inspections of commercial vehicles in Collier County.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft