|Published:||Nov 13, 2010 9:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 13, 2010 6:13 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County sheriff's deputies arrested five people for DUI during a sobriety checkpoint on Friday.
Deputies stopped more than 600 vehicles at the checkpoint at US 41 and Bulb Way in South Fort Myers. A total of 42 citations were issued, including tickets for driving on a suspended license and driving without a valid drivers license.
The checkpoint was conducted in cooperation with the Lee County Sheriff's Office, Fort Myers Police Department, Cape Coral Police Department, and the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach