|Published:||Nov 12, 2010 11:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2010 8:12 PM EST|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A Lakeworth man has been sentenced to 22 years in prison for trying to hire a hit man to kill his ex-girlfriend.
A Palm Beach County judge sentenced 32-year-old Philip Angulo on Wednesday after he pleaded guilty to solicitation to commit first-degree murder and second-degree arson.
Authorities say Angulo tried to hire someone to kill Suzanne Lewis in March 2009 after learning she was responsible for an earlier arson arrest. In July 2008, authorities say Angulo was angry that Lewis's ex-husband was living with her and set fire to the other man's car.
Authorities say Angulo asked a friend if he knew someone who could kill Lewis, and the friend called the sheriff's office.
Angulo agreed to pay an undercover agent posing as a hit man $5,000.
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county