|Published:||Nov 12, 2010 12:00 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 11, 2010 8:47 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - 30 year old Mario Santos has arrived at a Tampa hospital after burning more than 50% of his body in a Fort Myers gas line explosion.
A backhoe hit an 8 inch gas line and it exploded. Police say the Mario Santos' brother pulled him from the flames that got up to 50 feet high.
In an incident like this, it's best if there is a fire because it will burn all of the gas. The gas company has shut off the gas line, but need to burn off the existing gas in the line. Flames could be seen up to 50 feet in the air.
One other person was injured, but was treated on scene.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week