|Published:||Nov 12, 2010 12:13 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 11, 2010 9:10 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Road rage in the middle of a Fort Myers intersection is caught on camera! Dozens of people watch as a man is attacked in front of his family.
Road rage victim Anthony Pizzi says, "All of a sudden he keeps punching on my window, punching on my window."
Anthony Pizzi says he and his family were stopped at a red light at the intersection of South Tamiami and Cypress Lake Drive, when he says a very angry looking man got out of his truck and banged on his window.
"I kind of made a fist to him like this, I kind of says back off."
Pizzi says the man had a beer in his hand.
"Beer bottle, I think it was bud light."
Pizzi's 9-year-old son Paul tell us, "He was talking in curse words, and he's like, get out of the car, I'm going to beat your butt!"
Paul watched from the back seat as his dad got out of the car and was attacked.
"I eventually forced my door open, now I'm out where I can stand on my feet and I'm like, what's going on buddy, so I grab my phone camera and I flip it open and I'm blocking punches."
Pizzi was able to take this picture of the suspect right before he was kicked in the groin.
"As I was blocking the punches, he realized my hand was taking pictures, so he realized I was vulnerable and what he did was kick down towards my lower extremities in the center area, I was able to go sideways."
Pizzi tried to take a picture of the man's license plate, but the man bent the plate in half.
The man drove away.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent