|Published:||Nov 12, 2010 1:42 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 12, 2010 9:47 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Bennett's Fresh Roast is one of thousands of businesses and residents with no gas service. That means the shop is not able to make its famous donuts and owner Bob Grissinger says the gas company TECO did not have an answer for how long it will take to restore gas service.
Grissinger says the company is staying in contact to keep him and other customers informed. Bennett's will still offer other breakfast and lunch menu items and coffee.
As of Friday morning, 8,000 customers in Lee and Collier County were without gas service.
Information from TECO's website:
This outage will involve a difficult and lengthy repair process. After the break is repaired, the restoration sequence includes three key steps:
First, each customer's gas service is locked down (physically turned off and locked) by a representative of Peoples Gas as a safety precaution and as required by federal and state regulations.
Then, gas mains will be re-pressurized to the appropriate level and inspected.
Next, Peoples Gas crews will visit each customer premise and insure natural gas service is restored, pilot lights will be re-lit and safety checks will be completed by a representative of Peoples Gas.
Customers should not turn off their gas supply at the main meter. Only emergency personnel or utility personnel should turn the valve on or off. A customer may turn off the gas for individual appliances at the appliance valve near each unit but it is not necessary.
The estimated time of restoration is not yet known. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- A&E's 'Beyond Scared Straight' films in Charlotte County
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Suspect gets life in prison for 2011 deadly shooting
- Rollover on SB I-75 at Bonita Beach Rd. slows traffic
- Fla. Gov. oks sales tax holiday for August
- Orange River Elementary principal Holly Bell retires