|Published:||Nov 11, 2010 5:00 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 11, 2010 1:24 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Lee County Sheriff's deputies say a 35-year-old man tried to send methamphetamine through Federal Express.
Jason A. Vanlaningham was arrested Tuesday on a charge of trafficking 14 or more grams of methamphetamine. He is being held in the Lee County Jail; it is unclear whether he has retained an attorney.
According to a report, investigators were tipped off to the package by a confidential informant. Deputies contacted Vanlaningham, who allowed deputies to open the package.
The package had a tracking number and Vanlaningham's address as the return address. Deputies say they also found drugs in Vanlaningham's car.
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool