|Published:||Nov 10, 2010 4:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2010 1:39 PM EST|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Police divers are searching South Florida waterways for body parts after a homeowner found a container floating in the water that contained human remains.
Fort Lauderdale Police Sgt. Frank Sousa said the man's body had been chopped up and placed in a container weighted down with concrete in an attempt to sink it. On Tuesday, police said the suspect went to great lengths to dispose of the body and conceal the victim's identity.
The medical examiner chipped through the concrete and found several body parts. Police did not go into detail and did not identify the victim.
Authorities are investigating whether the case is related to the slaying of Doris Lopez. Her body was found stuffed inside a cardboard barrel someone left inside her car last month in Delray Beach.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County