|Published:||Nov 10, 2010 1:27 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2010 1:27 PM EST|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - On Monday, November 8, 2010, the School Resource Officer at Lehigh Middle School, Lehigh Acres, was investigating the theft of a student’s cell phone. The theft was reported at the end of school as the busses were leaving. The student who took the phone left the school on a bus.
School administrators had the bus return to school and those students matching the description of the unknown suspect were asked to step off of the bus. An administrative search was conducted on the backpacks belonging to each of these students but the phone was not located. During the search of one of the backpacks, an administrator located a handgun with an altered serial number. The backpack belonged to a 13 year old.
The student was placed under arrest for Possession of a Firearm on School Property and Alteration or Removal of a Firearm Serial Number.
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Former Cape mayoral candidate faces fraud charge
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students