|Published:||Nov 10, 2010 6:50 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2010 1:48 AM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. - Combining the old with the new. That's the idea behind the renovation of a hardware store that's been operating for the last 50 years in Naples.
Sunshine Ace Hardware has spent $400,000 to add lots of rich history to their store, from the murals of the Pier in the 1950s, to the personal photos taken from owner Michael Wynn's own family album.
Old meets new in their sporting goods department with scent technology.
"When you walk through and you're thinking about your day on the water, you're going to smell the ocean," Wynn explains.
The store has also added nearly a dozen flat screen televisions to give product information and share more historic photos and facts.
The store will have it's official grand re-opening Saturday. If the new design goes well other stores Wynn owns in Collier and Lee County may follow with their own motif related to that area's history.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend