|Published:||Nov 10, 2010 6:50 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2010 1:48 AM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. - Combining the old with the new. That's the idea behind the renovation of a hardware store that's been operating for the last 50 years in Naples.
Sunshine Ace Hardware has spent $400,000 to add lots of rich history to their store, from the murals of the Pier in the 1950s, to the personal photos taken from owner Michael Wynn's own family album.
Old meets new in their sporting goods department with scent technology.
"When you walk through and you're thinking about your day on the water, you're going to smell the ocean," Wynn explains.
The store has also added nearly a dozen flat screen televisions to give product information and share more historic photos and facts.
The store will have it's official grand re-opening Saturday. If the new design goes well other stores Wynn owns in Collier and Lee County may follow with their own motif related to that area's history.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays