|Published:||Nov 10, 2010 10:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2010 7:41 PM EST|
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Palm Beach County elections office says 500 uncounted absentee ballots have been located, possibly affecting several close local races.
The ballots were discovered late Tuesday during a recount for the District 6 school board race.
Elections Supervisor Susan Bucher says the uncounted ballots could affect other races as well.
Now in question are the results of two Lake Worth City Commission elections, in which two candidates have already been declared winners and sworn into office.
Also in doubt is a referendum on a yacht service yard in Riviera Beach.
The ballots were reportedly found in a mislabeled bin. Officials have not yet determined how the mistake happened.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis