|Published:||Nov 10, 2010 10:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 10, 2010 7:41 PM EST|
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The Palm Beach County elections office says 500 uncounted absentee ballots have been located, possibly affecting several close local races.
The ballots were discovered late Tuesday during a recount for the District 6 school board race.
Elections Supervisor Susan Bucher says the uncounted ballots could affect other races as well.
Now in question are the results of two Lake Worth City Commission elections, in which two candidates have already been declared winners and sworn into office.
Also in doubt is a referendum on a yacht service yard in Riviera Beach.
The ballots were reportedly found in a mislabeled bin. Officials have not yet determined how the mistake happened.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads