|Published:||Nov 09, 2010 6:13 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2010 3:13 PM EST|
GIBSONTON, Fla. (AP) - Deputies locked down a high school near Tampa after getting word that students had brought weapons to campus.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said two 15-year-old students had brought handguns to East Bay High School in Gibsonton Tuesday. A search turned up the guns after a school resource deputy heard that at least one student had brought a weapon to sell to another student.
One of the ninth-graders was found with a .25-caliber semiautomatic handgun, and the other had a .38-caliber revolver.
The school remained locked down while deputies searched for other weapons.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school