|Published:||Nov 09, 2010 6:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2010 3:11 PM EST|
JENSEN BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A missing 300-pound turtle statue has been found in a home along Florida's Atlantic coast.
Authorities recovered the statue on Monday. It had been reported stolen in August.
It was found when authorities served a search warrant at the home of a person who was arrested on a misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia charge.
Authorities are trying to find out how the $3,800 statue got to the house. Charges on that are pending.
The statue was returned to the Jensen Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand