|Published:||Nov 09, 2010 12:29 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 9:28 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A 35 year-old woman is accusing New York Mets pitcher Johan Santana of raping and impregnating her on a golf course in South Fort Myers near his home.
The woman is asking for money from the superstar but her lawyers asked a judge not to name her in court proceedings.
But Santana's lawyers cried foul. They pointed out the investigation into whether the crime happened is over. Santana was never arrested or charged with rape.
The judge told the courtroom it's common for rape victims to remain anonymous in criminal cases, but this is a civil case and the public has the right to know the accuser.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm