|Published:||Nov 09, 2010 10:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2010 7:56 PM EST|
MANALAPAN, Fla. (AP) - A Canadian man died after going for a late night swim off a South Florida beach.
Manalapan police say 46-year-old Dinu Constantinescu was swimming with a small group around 2 a.m. Tuesday when the others lost track of him. They had initially assumed he went back to the Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach, where he was a guest. The group notified employees when they returned to the hotel and couldn't find him.
Two police officers went to the beach and found Constantinescu floating in shallow water. Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue responded, and the man was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities say the man was visiting from British Columbia for a business conference.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft