|Published:||Nov 09, 2010 4:44 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 09, 2010 1:44 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The parents and estate of a young Florida woman who shot herself after she was interviewed by CNN host Nancy Grace have dismissed a lawsuit against the network and the host.
The lawsuit accused Grace, the host of a talk show on HLN, formerly CNN Headline News, of inflicting emotional distress on the 21-year-old mother during an interview about Duckett's missing 2-year-old son, Trenton.
Duckett shot herself Sept. 8, 2006, the day the taped interview was scheduled to broadcast.
The lawsuit was filed four years ago in federal court in Ocala. The dismissal and settlement agreement between Grace and the Duckett family lawyers was filed Friday and still needs to be approved by a federal judge.
The trial was scheduled to begin next month.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs