|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 4:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 1:39 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An Orange County deputy recovering from a near-fatal stabbing is thanking the community for its support.
The sheriff's office released a video late Saturday showing a bandaged Deputy Stephen Cook talking from his hospital room. Cook says the outpouring of support for him and his family has been "unbelieveable."
The 27-year veteran was stabbed Friday while investigating a report of a 7-Eleven employee stealing from the store. Authorities say the employee attacked Cook with a "cutting instrument." Cook then fatally shot the employee, identified as 25-year-old Gibran Flores-Remigio.
Authorities continue to investigate the incident.
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent