|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 9:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 6:30 PM EST|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - One 16-year-old is in custody and another 16-year-old is hospitalized after a stabbing at a central Florida high school.
Winter Haven Police Chief Gary Hester says there appeared to be no motive for the stabbing around 7 a.m. Monday in the Winter Haven High School courtyard, where students gathered before classes.
Hester says Luke Kendall was stabbed five times by Jade Mose, and it's not clear if the students knew each other.
School officials put the school on lock-down until police arrived while a coach detained Mose.
Hester says Kendall is hospitalized in Lakeland in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
According to police, Mose was charged in April with possessing a weapon on school property. Hester says Mose will be charged with several felonies.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull