|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 9:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 6:30 PM EST|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - One 16-year-old is in custody and another 16-year-old is hospitalized after a stabbing at a central Florida high school.
Winter Haven Police Chief Gary Hester says there appeared to be no motive for the stabbing around 7 a.m. Monday in the Winter Haven High School courtyard, where students gathered before classes.
Hester says Luke Kendall was stabbed five times by Jade Mose, and it's not clear if the students knew each other.
School officials put the school on lock-down until police arrived while a coach detained Mose.
Hester says Kendall is hospitalized in Lakeland in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
According to police, Mose was charged in April with possessing a weapon on school property. Hester says Mose will be charged with several felonies.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft