|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 8:11 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 5:12 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Cape Coral Police do not suspect foul play in the death of a female found floating in a Cape Coral canal on Sunday. Sharon Rose Rogers (DOB: 08/12/1960) was discovered in the canal behind a home at 5337 SW 9th Place. Rogers had been reported missing earlier in the day by her family who was concerned about her well-being.
At 12:19 p.m., Cape Coral Police responded to a report of a missing adult at 5308 SW 8th Court. Rogers family had not heard from her since the early-morning hours. Family members had arrived at Rogers’ residence to check on her, and found the home in disarray and Rogers missing.
While Cape Police were attempting to locate Rogers, a 911 call was received reporting a body floating in a nearby canal. The female later was identified as Sharon Rogers.
Cape detectives are treating the death as an accidental drowning with toxicology results pending.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash