|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 4:44 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 1:44 PM EST|
KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) - A Minnesota carpenter has arrived in the Florida Keys, completing a 4,000-mile cross-county run.
Forty-five-year-old Steve Knowlton left Seattle on July 30, pounding the pavement through 13 states and clocking 40-plus miles a day in his 100-day trek. Knowlton is a veteran of 45 marathons and says he took his run one day at a time.
The journey completed Saturday is aimed at raising money and awareness for the cure of Crohns disease, a chronic gastrointestinal illness. Knowlton was diagnosed with the disease during his senior year of high school.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies