|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 5:48 PM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 08, 2010 12:13 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A new series of fresh foreclosures have hit Fort Myers, giving more prospective area home buyers the opportunity to purchase a new dream home.
The auction is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Harborside Event Center in Downtown Fort Myers.
More than 60 new Fort Myers area bank-owned homes – many of them first-class properties – are available.
Monday’s live auction is Day 4 of a 5-day Auction.com tour that features 450+ new Florida foreclosures.
“The auction provides prospective Fort Myers area and Florida home buyers with a great opportunity to buy an affordable dream home,” says Auction.com CEO Jeff Frieden.
Best Fort Myers auction deals:
3021 Beach Pkwy W Cape Coral, FL 33914 – 3,157 sq ft house previously valued to $448,980; starting auction bid of $129K;
922 Mildred Ave Lehigh Acres, FL 33974 – 1,808 sq ft house previously valued to $173,300; starting auction bid of $15K.
“Home buyers and investors understand how beneficial our auctions are, not only to them personally, but to the future of the economy,” Frieden says. “Getting families back into these houses creates more jobs, but it also helps in reestablishing the real estate market, setting the market up with a firm foundation to build upon.
“When a house sits vacant, it hurts the local and even the national economy,” he adds. “But when Auction.com turns a foreclosed house back into a home, a new family is paying a mortgage, property taxes, gas, electric and water bills, and they're creating jobs by hiring landscapers, painters and electricians - all of which fuels the economy."
The Florida auction series ends Tuesday at Tampa Convention Center, 6:30 p.m.
Financing on many homes is available at the auction.
For more information about what homes are available, log on http://fort-myers.lee.fl.foreclosuredatabank.com/ or http://www.foreclosuredeals.com/list/fl/lee/fort-myers/foreclosure-auctions/.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference