|Published:||Nov 08, 2010 4:38 AM EST|
|Updated:||Nov 07, 2010 7:37 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - A Cape Coral man is charged with attempted murder, accused of firing shots at his common law wife's new boyfriend.
Cape police responded to reports of shots fired in the 3800 block of NE 10th Place on Saturday evening. Police say Douglas Keith Winland, 53, fired a buckshot round at a man as he ran into his home through an inside garage door. The bullets hit the door, but the victim was not hurt.
Officers say Winland then returned to his home and barricaded himself inside. Officers convinced him to surrender after about 90 minutes.
Winland was taken to the Lee County jail and charged with attempted murder.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft